A few weeks ago I met a few of my US buddies at Club Octagon in Gangnam. This is one of the best clubs in the world apparently! I don’t go to many clubs anymore. But since I live close and I am here for a year, I thought I would check it out.
Review of Club Octagon
It cost me 30,000 Won to get into the club and this came with a free drink. The free drink is nice considering how much it costs for any drink once you get inside. BUT, if you come before 11 PM you can get in for 10,000 Won.
If you are planning on drinking a lot when you come to Club Octagon, I recommend doing that before you get there. I normally go to a GS or 711 before I go to any bar in Seoul anyway. I can get cheap beer for 2,500 Won and that saves me on the 7$ beers. Club Octagon is even more expensive. It’s one of the best clubs in the world and in one of the most expensive areas of Seoul. I think I paid a minimum of 15,000 Won for any drink while I was there.
How was the atmosphere?
It was a good atmosphere mixed with many different types of people. There were a good amount of foreigners there and then obviously a lot of Koreans.
The sound system was amazing. Definitely the best I have heard only rivaled by the Hakkasan in Las Vegas.
And it is jam packed on what was a Friday night.
There were 5 or 6 different rooms on two separate floors which meant you could get away from the main dance floor if you wanted to.
They played a wide variety of club music mixes. And it was open tell at least 5 Am. I think when I left around that time the music was still going though! And everyone definitely had not left yet.
Other pros of Club Octagon
- Bigger than I thought it would be. If you are living in South Korea, you know how small everything is here, and so I automatically thought it would be a pretty small place. But the two different floors and 5-6 rooms stretch out enough where it is a decent size. The outer rooms are smaller, but I really like this setup. When I went to the Hakkasan in Vegas, they just had three or four huge rooms. If you went into any of these rooms they were all jam packed. The smaller outer rooms at Club Octagon allows you to chill for a second if you want.
- No line. I didn’t wait at all to get in on a Friday night. I think Saturday night might be a little busier. But it was nice to be able to walk right in. Again, at Club Hakkasan, I had to wait for about an hour to get in. I guess that is Vegas though.
- Mix of Music. The different rooms all have different DJ’s so you can pick what kind of music you want to listen to.
- Early entry or late entry price of only 10,000.
- Pool inside the club where dancers can perform on certain nights.
- Rated one of the top clubs in the world by many different DJ’s and magazines.
I met some women from countries I wouldn’t have expected and I spent a ton on drinks. But I’m glad I checked it out. I would go back again and try a Saturday night to see if the atmosphere is any different. Unfortunately, I went on one of the nights that they didn’t have the pool open with the special dancers. Next time, I will aim for one of those nights.
It wasn’t the best club that I have been to in my life. That would be Club Hakkasan. But I can definitely see why it is one of the top rated clubs in the world. If you are living in Seoul or visiting, make sure you check it out! For directions on how to get there, and other reviews of clubs in Seoul, click here.